Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Liberty Bell 7 - Mercury Redstone - Finally Finished!


 After a long long time and one smashed capsule tower, I finished the Estes Mercury Redstone build. It was pretty frustrating at times, and I struggled, but I did it. If you don't look too close, it's not that bad!

I know where all the flaws are, and there are many. That capsule will probably pop off after the first landing. But for now, I like what I've got. And I have a few more of these kits, plus some extra capsules, so I can try again.

I think you need to build the hard rockets, so you can get better. I used to be one of those rocketeers who held on to those "special" kits because I didn't think my building skills were up to the task yet, and I wanted to "do it right on this one." But if you do that, you'll never build that Saturn, or Redstone, or whatever special "master-level" kit you're holding on to.

Do your best, and it'll probably turn out better than you think. Then the next one won't seem so daunting.

Follow me on Twitter.

Like my Facebook page for blog updates and extra stuff.

Have a question you'd like to see addressed on this blog? Email me at iamtherocketn00b@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment