Monday, May 11, 2015

(A) Little Time for Rockets

I'm in the final week of rehearsals for my final show at the Bloomington Playwrights Project, the theater which is also responsible for me discovering rocketry.

As a result, I've been rather too busy to blog much, so my final post in the mid power Quest Big Dog series will be out in a few more days - maybe a week.

But I'm going to launch on Wednesday - and this time, I'll be lucky enough to launch at a farm! One of my fellow cast members has a huge place, and he's having us over for some rocket time.

This is great news, because this will be the last time Chad will be in town before I move to Boston, so it will be our last launch together here in Bloomington.

So I'll be pulling out all the stops, and launching everything I've got - including the Big Dog, the recently-built Estes Cosmic Explorer with an E motor mount, and the Quest Quad Runner - which I've had ready to go since December, but haven't wanted to risk losing on its maiden flight.

Here are the never-flown additions to the fleet that I will finally be launching:

Estes Cosmic Explorer with a larger motor mount
Quest Big Dog
Sounder I - a small scratch built rocket which will go high and fast
The Ceres B booster, from Mike Westerfields book
Make: Rockets: Down-to-Earth Rocket Science
Trident 1A - a 3-motor cluster, my first ever design
The Quest Quad Runner - a 4-motor cluster
Janus II with a camera payload bay.
This also holds an altimeter.

Aside from these new additions, I'll launch the rest of the current fleet as well. Pictures and video to follow!

Like my Facebook page for blog updates.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you Daniel on your upcoming move to Boston. I know you must be very busy with this but I sincerely hope you will be able to resume your enthusiasm once you are settled in. Beautiful work on your rocket fleet and on this website.

    Ted

    ReplyDelete