Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Blog Formatting


I'm in the process of updating the Fleet page.

If you ever read this blog and notice some weird spacing issues, let me tell you that this happens all the time. Whenever I write a post or update a page, after I've published it, I have to go back several times and fix spacing issues. Blogger always inserts or deletes spaces before or after images, and I have to edit the post, re-adjust everything, save the post, and look at it all over again. There are some spacing issues I can never seem to fix.

Doesn't seem like it should be that hard...

Follow me on Twitter.

Like my Facebook page for blog updates and extra stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Daniel,
    I have the same problem with weird spacing on my blog. When doing a new post, I check it on "Preview" then have to go back and move pictures and type around. I usually end up in HTML and do some fine tuning. HTML can be a little daunting when you don't know what you are moving or deleting.
    One thing I've learned is - Inset the pictures first, then add the copy.
    There is sometimes a big block of empty space at the bottom of the page. While in HTML, highlight the bottom after the last word in the post. Then you can delete that big open area from the finished post.
    You aren't the only one who has to go back and edit, edit, edit! But, you have to also edit when doing a regular website - much more complicated than a blog. Even programs that promise "WYSIWYG" is not quite WYSIWHG.

    ReplyDelete