Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Rocket Build - Estes Crossfire ISX

I've been building rockets for about two months now. Unfortunately, I did not document my first build - Estes' Der Red Max.

 
I hadn't realized how obsessed I'd get with building rockets. But with my second build, I started photographing most of what I was doing. Here's my second build - Estes' Crossfire ISX. Notice I did a different paint job than the standard - to differentiate from Chad's Crossfire.

Here, you'll see my first mistakes - which I learned from, and happily did not repeat on my second build.

Enjoy the obsessiveness!

1 comment:

  1. I just looked at this post again, for the first time in a long time. I hadn't seen these pictures in about a year or more. Wow, have I changed the way I do things!

    The amount of glue mess I made in this series of pictures made me cringe a little bit. And the wood filler, all over the rocket! Ack!

    But it turned out alright, and I'm still proud of the nose cone, and I still have the rocket.

    It's fun to document your builds and look back at them later. I recommend it!

    ReplyDelete