Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Name That Rocket!

A few months ago, I raised some money for the Bloomington Playwrights Project. I offered rockets as an incentive to donate in my name - rockets designed and built by me. I managed to raise nearly $500 in the process!

One donor in particular, Keith, gave me a significant donation, and so I offered to design him a rocket for his grandson, who's about 4 or 5 I think.

Here's what I came up with:

At about 17.5 inches long, this rocket has forward-swept fins and a 5-inch long payload section.

Once you get the fins on and the parts together, a rocket really starts to look like something. I think this might be my coolest-looking design so far. I like it so much, I think I'm going to have to build one for myself!

But it needs a name. Right now, it's just called Keith's Rocket. It needs a better name than that. Any suggestions?

For the other donors, I've designed this rocket, which also needs a name:

At just over 16 inches long, this BT56-based rocket has a diameter of 1.35 inches, a long nose cone, and a wide fin span.
The name "Donor's Rocket" just doesn't grab you.

Like my Facebook page for blog updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment