Monday, November 29, 2021

How to Transport Model Rockets to a Lauch


I see a lot of posts on rocketry forums asking how people transport rockets to the launch site. My solution is pretty simple - a large cardboard box.

I have a few of these lying around of various large sizes. This one can hold more rockets than I'll launch in a day, and it's still easy to carry. And it holds larger rockets as well - you can see my Estes Ventris and Pro Series Nike Smoke, as well as my North Coast Rocketry SA Archer. And you can see there's still plenty of room to add more rockets if I feel ambitious.

Sometimes I put a layer of towels between layers of rockets if I'm worried about the paint jobs, but honestly, as long as you lay them in carefully and don't jostle the box too much, it's not really a problem.

Then I pad around the edges with large plastic zip lock bags of parachutes and "dog barf" cellulose wadding, and carry the whole thing to the trunk of the car.

The box is big, but even loaded up with model rockets, it's amazingly light.

When I first got started, I had this plan to build a custom crate for each and every rocket. But there's no need to complicate things. These days when everyone is getting tons of stuff delivered to the house (including large shipments of rocket stuff!) you can usually find a really good box to hold on to.

I post a lot of things on Instagram these days. Follow me here.


Like my Facebook page for blog updates and extra stuff.

Have a question you'd like to see addressed on this blog? Email me at iamtherocketn00b@gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment