Monday, March 9, 2015

Airfoil Madness!

I spent some time today sanding fins into airfoils, to go on the Quest Big Dog.

I made extras in case I made any mistakes. It's not as hard as you might think - just takes a little practice.

If I can manage to put paper skins on all of these without tearing the paper or getting horrible glue blobs underneath, I'll have enough extra fins for one or two scratch builds.

In fact, I already worked up a design for a large, 2.6 inch diameter, 4 E-sized motor cluster rocket, and have the cluster centering rings on the way.

I shot a video of the airfoiling process today, and hope to have it edited and uploaded to my YouTube channel in a few days' time.

Like my Facebook page for blog updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment