Saturday, November 30, 2019

The Thrifty Rocketeer


This month, I succeeded in re-starting this blog through my #NaRoBloMo effort. I didn't seem to make an impact on social media. I think I'm the only person who used that joking hashtag.

But one reader did join me. Kirk G, a longtime listener and supporter of The Rocketry Show podcast, as well as reader of this blog, has started his own rocketry blog, The Thrifty Rocketeer.

It's always good to see more rocketry blogs out there. We always love seeing other people's builds and techniques.

CLICK HERE to check out Kirk's new model rocketry blog!

Follow me on Twitter.

Like my Facebook page for blog updates and extra stuff.

Have a question you'd like to see addressed on this blog? Email me at iamtherocketn00b@gmail.com. 

6 comments:

  1. Serious question, Daniel. The BSI (Bob Smith Industries) epoxies that I see in hobby shops all seem to have the same or similar resin with black printing on the squeeze bottle. It would appear that only the hardener changes, depending on if you want 5, 15, or 30 minute epoxy. Are these black bottles interchangeable? Is it all the same stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe they are the same. They sure don't smell the same. That 5 minute stuff stinks! In any case, they come as a set of two, and since you're supposed to mix them in a 1:1 ratio, you shouldn't have any hardener left over when you're done with a bottle.

      Delete
    2. If you really want to know, though, there's a way to ask BSI directly at their website, on a page called Ask the Glue Pros:
      http://bsi-inc.com/hobby/ask_glue_pros.html

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I went to that site and typed in my question. Unfortunately, ten days later, no response yet.

    ReplyDelete