Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Saturn V Standing By


I buy a lot of my Estes rockets and motors from AC Supply. They discount most Estes stuff at around 40% off, and sometimes more.

I've been waiting... and waiting... for the latest release of the 50th Anniversary Saturn V 1:100 scale kit to show up on the AC Supply website. This new release is supposed to be even more detailed than the last, and comes with a lunar module (for display only - it doesn't fly!).

Still, I needed at least one spare Saturn V in case I make a major goof building the one I managed to pick up before they were discontinued early last year. But I didn't want to pay retail - rocketry is expensive enough!

The Saturn V 1:100 scale kit is finally available for pre-order on AC Supply! It's well priced at $53.99. It should ship in a few weeks' time.

AC Supply offers free shipping on orders within the continental US over $100, so... you know... you could order two of them and have them delivered free of charge! (I did - but it's my birthday, so if Mrs. N00b asks... this is my birthday present to myself.)

Here's the link.

Follow me on Twitter.

Like my Facebook page for blog updates and extra stuff.

Have a question you'd like to see addressed on this blog? Email me at iamtherocketn00b@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you think, Daniel. Several years ago around Christmas time, I was again up to my arse in deadlines and commitments and in no mood to be in the shopping malls wasting precious time. And I hated to see my wife going nuts trying to get me something to make me merry, and so I thought to myself, why don't I just order something online that I truly want, and spare my bride the aggravation of shopping only for the item to be returned after the New Year?

    So I went online and did just that. I ended up buying a 1:100 Estes Saturn V on Ebay which is still in the box waiting for me to dust it off and build the damned thing! Only thing is, I paid considerably more than what AC Supply is asking. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what the holidays are for, Ted - spending way too much on someone you care about. Sounds like you got yourself just the right gift!

      Delete